It’s not always easy to put yourself out there. But, taking risks is important in every facet of life, because risks help us understand our bounderies.
I’m learning through the help of my loved ones, tons of journaling (which I take very seriously), reading and listening to different iconic figures whose perspective I hold in high regard, that vulnerability can be a gift. Yes, it can open us up to pain and embarrassment, as well as rejection. However, done right, it can also bring us authentic connections and acceptance for our authentic selves and the world around us.
- Are We Ready To Talk About Loneliness? (Part 1) | Vulnerable Series
- Between ‘Fatigue’ &; ‘Fathead’ Is ‘Father’. Here’s Why | Happy Father’s Day
- Befriend Your Imperfections, Mommy | Happy Mother’s Day
- #1 Move Nobody Will Tell You About Purpose
- Love Letter to the Queen Mother | Mom Series
- Girl, Get Up!
- Dare to Laugh!
- How To Save Room For Growth In Your Life To Sustain You Forever | #SoftLife
- 6 Universal Enemies of Personal Greatness
- 9 Dangerous Things You Were Taught In School | #SoftLife Series
I have to admit that vulnerability scares the crap out of me because with it can come loneliness birthed from feelings of shame, guilt and fear either from past experiences or present circumstances. But, I’m also learning that it is very necessary to ask the questions that we’re most embarrassed to ask and to give the answers we’re scared to say out loud.Read more