So we finally began our #Mission52 course this week, Wednesday, and are already two classes in. What an exciting experience it is proving to be, I must say! Women are taking back their power and placing a demand on the life they know they deserve.
It is quite a humbling experience to help these women align and achieve the goals that will propel their dreams to success, in 52 days! Yes, it is possible to achieve your dream in 52 days. I’ll show you how once you enroll for the 52-day course, step by step (details in the image above).
See, what beats me, however, is the number of excuses most women make for not grabbing this opportunity with both hands, to turn their wishes into real, achievable desired dreams. They site mommy duties, lack of money, part-time studies they take amidst their already hectic schedules, lack of time, and, and, and…as reasons why they “can’t participate in this project at the moment”. My biggest question is; you spend way more than the course costs in a month to do your hair-dos, pedicures and manicures, and buying new accessories each month, to cover what’s on the outside. And that’s fine. But why won’t you invest in yourself to be able to do something that will give you a lasting contentment and sense of achievement you cannot put a price tag on?
Think about it, using the guidelines of the below re-blogged article I wrote a while ago, to help you – as it did me – outline the what, where, when, who, why and how of achieving your goals, because I’m a firm believer in the concept that goals lead to dreams, unless of course you have fairy god-parents to grant your every wish with the magic sway of a shiny wand. If you discipline yourself enough to achieve little daily goals, nothing will stop you from achieving the bigger short- and long-term goals that will propel the achievement of the life you dream of now. That life is POSSIBLE!
The word itself – #IAmPossible – embodies hope!
By Vicky Meg
“I Am Possible” is a concept that borders on an inner belief in self. It is knowing that “I Am Capable” of achieving whatever I put my mind to. I came up with this concept because it meant so much to me. It was time I believed in myself, without waiting for external validation. It was through the conception of this concept that this site was birthed.
But for me to get there, I had to shed all the negative qualities that were weighing me down and hindering me from reaching my full potential, if not living purposefully.
I had to begin with the conviction that:
I am capable of doing all things…in Him who strengthens me – this comes from what I call the “God-confidence”.
Everything that happens in my life I have either attracted (with my words – power of the tongue), allowed (into my thoughts – as a man thinks, so is he) or caused (through my actions – the world will treat me the way I treat it).
Laws of attraction are real and for me to live well, I had to manage these 11 behavior patterns that shape my daily life. They should help you too:
- Excuses – Excuses won’t get you paid, won’t keep you as the No. 1 company to work for and they sure won’t help you self-develop. You have to keep doing certain things that will keep setting you apart from the rest. Don’t get comfortable with success. Be very uncomfortable with the comfort that comes with success. Keep striving to stay at the top.
- Blame shifting vs. taking responsibility – the moment every little thing is everybody else’s fault but yours, realize there’s a problem with you (attitude). Blame shifting makes you sound not only weak and crazy, but it sure makes you seem unprofessional. Remember, being a professional isn’t about your title, but a state of being. It’s the essence of consistent growth, authenticity and integrity.
- Victim mentality – the moment the world is such a cruel place and “why me Lord” sets in, re-evaluate your part in whatever is happening to you. This is a state of mind only YOU can change. You have to come to a decision; WILL YOU CRY ABOUT IT, BLAME THE WORLD FOR IT, OR will you take charge and rise above it? How, only YOU can determine. The answers are already WITHIN you.
- Lack of confidence (feeds your fears) – are you a slave to fear? Do you give faith a fighting chance? Do you constantly seek validation? DON’T BE AFRAID, BE FIERCE!
- Negativity (Negativity feeds off of attention. Starve it!) – stay away from any sort of drama, whether it may come from your family, your spouse, your children, your colleagues, your naysayers or yourself. Choose to be peaceful. Peaceful
professionals are productive professionals. Every time a negative thought crosses your mind that fuels your fears and keeps you up at night, immediately replace it with something pleasant. Be consistent about this.
- Entitlement – does the world always owe you? Do you give your baby daddy hell, because he owes you the years you spent with him before he cheated? Does government owe you money you haven’t worked for? Did you apply for land under the Affirmative Action (for instance)? Does your employer a bonus you know you haven’t worked hard for? Does your partner owe you their hard-earned money? Realize that people help you out of their own will. Stop expecting them to!
- Lack of appreciation – saying ‘THANK YOU’ goes a long way, every time! Wake up in the morning and give thanks to God for the gift of life for you and those you care about. Give thanks when someone reaches out to help you in any way. Don’t undermine people’s hands in your life with; “S/He earns so much money from his/her work/business but he could only give me $200? What am I supposed to do with that?” Attitude. Remember; nobody owes you anything. Be thankful.
- Procrastination – the “I’ll do it later” mentality/habit. Tomorrow never comes and neither is it promised. Don’t postpone what you can do today to tomorrow. We are naturally lazy beings. It is how we go about our daily lives that sets us apart from the rest. Remember; confused people don’t get anything done; be clear about what you want and then go for it!
- Missing opportunities – stop believing you have limitations. The sky is not the limit. That’s too claustrophobic. Aim for infinity. Create your own opportunities. We miss opportunities because of fear of the unknown. Someone once said, “DON’T WORRY ABOUT FAILURES. WORRY ABOUT THE CHANCES YOU MISS WHEN YOU DON’T EVEN TRY.” FAILURE IS PART OF SUCCESS.
- Lack of initiative – people respect consistency and longevity. Never lose your wonder with your dreams. It all starts with showing initiative. Want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe. What you do daily is why you are who you are today whether that’s in positive or negative light. If you fell yesterday, stand up today, dust it all off and begin again.
6 Quotes to live by:
1. I AM Possible because “I live like each day either has a full-stop, a question mark or an exclamation mark” – Steve Maraboli.
2. I AM Possible because “I do NOT downgrade my dreams and goals in an attempt to fit in with naysayers. I upgrade my conviction to match my destiny” – Prince Ea (musician).
3. I AM Possible because “I turn up my positive inner dialogue and then sit back and watch their mumbling become mere background noises…– Zig Ziglar.
I do not get distracted by negative criticism, because I know for some people, the only taste of success they’ll ever get is through a bite out of me
4. I AM Possible because “I realize that success is not by accident but through hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrificing and most of all, loving what I do.” The moment you stop loving your job, you begin to feed negativity, which equals disaster! – Pele (soccer player).
5. I AM Possible because “I am living proof that a bruise is a lesson and each lesson makes me better!” – Fictional character, Arya Stark (Game of Thrones).
6. I AM Possible because “I am capable of being happy with what I have while I seek all that I want” – the late Jim Rohn.
NOTE: Print this article, especially the re-blogged part, and stick it on your fridge, your walls, and wherever you’ll be able to see it around your house, as a reminder that there’s nothing you can’t achieve. That the life you desire is within reach, if only you would take the first step towards achieving it by registering for the ongoing 52-day course, that will teach you how to get there using these guidelines, and more. You’ve got this and God’s got you.
#IAmPossible #YouArePossible #LetsBePossibleToether